[WriteLog] Sprint?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Sprint?
From: obrienaj@netsync.net (Andrew J. O'Brien)
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 07:51:59 -0400
Okay, I found this in the archives.

Here's one more "how to" for the RTTY Sprint. I believe this
originally came from K5DJ, but I may be wrong. If so, apologies to
the original author.
73,
Barry

Writelog does not support the NCJ RTTY SPRINT per Se, but with small
modification, the existing Internet Sprint Contest Module can be used.
Open Writelog and click on, "Select New Contest,", from the contest
module selection, click on "Internet Sprint". On the "transmit previous
name" window that comes up, click "cancel", this will put it out of the
way. Click on "Bands", "Setup Bands", Clear all Bands". Then in the
Low edge window, type 3570, hit the tab and in the High edge window,
type 3600. Uncheck all modes except the FSK box. Click "add this band".
Do the same for 40 meters and 20 meters. (these are the only bands you
will need). When this is done, close the Band Setup window and another
window will come up showing you your frequencies, if they are ok, click
"ok". Click on "Bands" again and then "Set Frequency & Mode",
Uncheck all modes except FSK, click on 14060 which is in the window
and then click "OK". Click on Contest, "Parameter Setup", type in the
name you will be using in th e contest and the state you will be operating
from. Click "OK". Setup your message buffers and then click File, "Save
as" and give the contest whatever name you want and then click "Save".
Your ready to go. All I need is the log, however you want to send it. You
can even send me your .wl file but please send me a log. We are
trying to keep the NCJ RTTY SPRINT alive and the only way we can is
show entries.

Newtown, PA         FRC         alternate: barry@w2up.wells.com