[WriteLog] Writelog for non-contest logging?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Writelog for non-contest logging?
From: W0AH@aol.com (W0AH@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 14:51:37 EDT
--part1_8.1ae0494d.28fb38b9_boundary

I've used Writelog on SSB using my computer soundboard as the audio keyer, on
CW with keying from serial and parallel ports, on RTTY using the soundboard,
and on PSK.  I've been  very happy with it in the contests I've operated from
home and from Mexico.  My one attempt to hook the laptop computer and
Writelog up to my FT-1000 for frequency readout was unsuccessful.  Have
others had luck with this?  I have not used the bandmap function or used the
packet cluster or DX Summit spoting ability that I think Writelog has. The
main purpose of this post is to ask about using Writelog as a general logging
program.  What are its strengths and weaknesses.  If I get the FT-1000 hooked
up properly for frequency readout, hook up packet cluster DX spots or DX
Summit and use the bandmap, is it possible to do what I witnessed yesterday
at N0TM's place, have a computer monitor run color coded spots indicating new
countries and new band countries?  He was using adefferent program.In pasy
years I used an old WJ2O general logging program, but I don't think WJ2O
supports it any more?   If any of you are familair with it, how might it
compare to WQritelog's general` logging ability?
Doug  W0AH  Woodland Park CO

--part1_8.1ae0494d.28fb38b9_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>I've used Writelog on SSB using
my computer soundboard as the audio keyer, on CW with keying from serial and
parallel ports, on RTTY using the soundboard, and on PSK. &nbsp;I've been
&nbsp;very happy with it in the contests I've operated from home and from
Mexico. &nbsp;My one attempt to hook the laptop computer and Writelog up to my
FT-1000 for frequency readout was unsuccessful. &nbsp;Have others had luck with
this? &nbsp;I have not used the bandmap function or used the packet cluster or
DX Summit spoting ability that I think Writelog has. The main purpose of this
post is to ask about using Writelog as a general logging program. &nbsp;What
are its strengths and weaknesses. &nbsp;If I get the FT-1000 hooked up properly
for frequency readout, hook up packet cluster DX spots or DX Summit and use the
bandmap, is it possible to do what I witnessed yesterday at N0TM's place, have
a computer monitor run color coded spots indicating new countries and new band
countries? &nbsp;He was using adefferent program.In pasy years I used an old
WJ2O general logging program, but I don't think WJ2O supports it any more?
&nbsp;&nbsp;If any of you are familair with it, how might it compare to
WQritelog's general` logging ability?
<BR>Doug &nbsp;W0AH &nbsp;Woodland Park CO</FONT></HTML>

--part1_8.1ae0494d.28fb38b9_boundary--