[WriteLog] Exchange capture?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Exchange capture?
From: jimsmith@home.com (Jim Smith)
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 15:39:22 -0700
Hi Andy,

Here's what I found in the RTTY Sprint.

If a call is highlighted on the screen, clicking anywhere on the
call will enter the highlighted part into the log.  If the call is
not highlighted, clicking on it will enter everything except that
portion of the call to the left of the letter you clicked on, so
be sure to click on the first letter of non-highlighted calls.  If
there is garbage on the end of the non-highlighted call that gets
copied too and you have to delete the garbage manually.

When the call has been entered by clicking on it, WL tabs over to
the first item in the exchange.  In the Sprint, this is the QSO
number.  Click on the QSO number on the screen (first digit) and
it gets entered in the log and WL tabs over to the next item.
Proceed in the same way until you have all of the exchange
entered.  You have to watch that you get things in the right
place.  i.e. if the WL cursor is in the Name field and you click
on the QTH on the screen you get people with names like
NY, NJ, FL etc.

I'm no expert in WL.  Just learning it myself.  If there are
better ways of doing this I hope someone will tell us.

What's your call Andy?

73 de Jim Smith VE7FO