[WriteLog] PA QSO Party

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] PA QSO Party
From: gbaron@home.com (Gil Baron)
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 13:31:05 -0500
--=====================_161898808==_.ALT

At 10:48 10/15/2001, Allan Briscoe wrote:
>Did anyone else notice the following  Writelog "glitch" during the PA QSOP
>??
>
>In the "SCORE/BAND" window, the running score is off by a factor of ten !
>For example, my final score shown in the score/band window shows a score of
>122,850 points  --- WOW ! am I ever doing great !! Alas and alack , the
>"real" final score (before bonuses) is 12,285 points. This is really no big
>deal, as the calculated score which is entered into the contest summary
>sheet is correct. Perhaps this is unique to my somewhat outdated Writelog
>version (10.22B), and may already be fixed in later versions.
>
>Also .. I am somewhat put out that the contest organizers have seen fit to
>discontinue email log submissions, therefor snail mail must be used. To me,
>this is a retrograde step!!

And one that I will not take. I did not make enough to matter although they
could always use check logs. No email is no submission for me. If all or
many would do this they would change!

>Allan Briscoe
>
>http://www.members.tripod.com/~VE7XB/mypage.htm>

Gil Baron http://members.home.com/gbaron
W0MN 44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'
"Baila como nadie te ve"

--=====================_161898808==_.ALT

At 10:48 10/15/2001, Allan Briscoe wrote:<br>
following&nbsp; Writelog &quot;glitch&quot; during the PA QSOP<br>
??<br><br>
In the &quot;SCORE/BAND&quot; window, the running score is off by a
factor of ten !<br>
For example, my final score shown in the score/band window shows a score
of<br>
122,850 points&nbsp; --- WOW ! am I ever doing great !! Alas and alack ,
the<br>
&quot;real&quot; final score (before bonuses) is 12,285 points. This is
really no big<br>
deal, as the calculated score which is entered into the contest
summary<br>
sheet is correct. Perhaps this is unique to my somewhat outdated
Writelog<br>
version (10.22B), and may already be fixed in later versions.<br><br>
Also .. I am somewhat put out that the contest organizers have seen fit
to<br>
discontinue email log submissions, therefor snail mail must be used. To
me,<br>
this is a retrograde step!!<br>
And one that I will not take. I did not make enough to matter although
they could always use check logs. No email is no submission for me. If
all or many would do this they would change!<br><br>