[WriteLog] Contest Wizard

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Contest Wizard
From: gbaron@home.com (Gil Baron)
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 08:04:19 -0500
--=====================_45218170==_.ALT

As a learning experience I am trying to implement a simple contest with the
Contest Wizard and Visual C++ Version 6.
I found the correct directory for the awx file and ran the Wizard.

I ran the Wizard and the GUID generator and that is where I am sitting now.
I have the generated code (Boy that was fast) and am ready to complete the
thing.

I see no place to specify the exchange in this. How is that done? The 10-10
is a very sinple exchange that uses Call, Name, State, and 10-10 number if
you have one.
It scores 1 pt per QSO with non member and 2 with member.

Where do you specify how the score is calculated?

If anyone has done this and can help it would be appreciated. I get to
learn something about Visual C++ and maybe gain a contest too. :-)

Do I have to read and modify all of the generated code?

Gil Baron http://members.home.com/gbaron
W0MN 44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'
"Baila como nadie te ve"

--=====================_45218170==_.ALT

As a learning experience I am trying to implement a simple contest with
the Contest Wizard and Visual C++ Version 6.<br>
I found the correct directory for the awx file and ran the
Wizard.<br><br>
I ran the Wizard and the GUID generator and that is where I am sitting
now. I have the generated code (Boy that was fast) and am ready to
complete the thing.<br><br>
I see no place to specify the exchange in this. How is that done? The
10-10 is a very sinple exchange that uses Call, Name, State, and 10-10
number if you have one.<br>
It scores 1 pt per QSO with non member and 2 with member.<br><br>
Where do you specify how the score is calculated?<br><br>
If anyone has done this and can help it would be appreciated. I get to
learn something about Visual C++ and maybe gain a contest too.
:-)<br><br>
Do I have to read and modify all of the generated code?<br><br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
eudora="autourl">http://members.home.com/gbaron</a><br>
W0MN 44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'<br>
&quot;Baila como nadie te ve&quot; <br>