[WriteLog] editing/converting WAV files

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] editing/converting WAV files
From: dez@cytanet.com.cy (Dez in Cyprus)
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 07:33:27 -0000
Hi All,

Well I've finally recorded my .wav files and am ready to go in CQWW ssb.

I've just counted up and found that I have slightly more than 200 .wav files
at my disposal,
it has taken about a month to record them all.

However, I began sampling at 44 KHz - 16 bit - mono, and of course Writelog
requires
all .wav files to be of the same format.

I have come to the conclusion that my sampling rate is more than adequate,
and in fact
22 KHz - 16 bit - mono, or even 11 KHz would suffice.

Hence the point of my posting:

Is there any software out there which will allow me to convert 200 files en
masse, from
44 KHz to say 22 KHz.

I really don't fancy resampling them one-by-one. If I can convert them all
in one go that'd
be great. Anyone recommend or know of any suitable software?

73

Dez