[WriteLog] XP1AB - Latest news

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] XP1AB - Latest news
From: writelog@roemming.dk (OZ0J - Jorgen)
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 19:36:20 +0200
The XP1AB DXpedition to Sondrestrom, Greenland is close to take place. This
E-mail contain the latest news regarding the DXpedition.

1) The XP1AB eill be used ONE time only and only during the DXpedition. On 1
November 2001 the license will be withdrawn. We are QRV during the CQWW Contest
on all 6 contest bands and on Monday 29 October on CW and RTTY. The XP prefix
will NOT be gived free again ever!!!

2) We expect to go on air with own call signs/OX from Thursday 25 October (late
afternoon or early evening) and we will stay on air until the CQWW starts.

3) We will try to be QRV on 160 M CW from Thursday everning (25 October) and/or
Friday evening BEFORE the CQWW contest. Unfortunately, it will NOT be possible
to work 160 M AFTER the contest.

4) We do have a YL operator with us. Her call is OZ5ABD and her name is Isa.
For amateurs that collect YL's it will be possible work Greenland with a YL
operator in the other end. Isa expects also to work CW before/after the contest.

5) The expedition expects to stop on Monday 29 October at approx. 21 GMT.
Thueday 30 October will be used to pack all equipment back in the boxes etc.

73 de OZ0J, Jørgen

Now you have the chance to work XP1AB.

XP1AB will be used during the CQWW SSB 2001 contest.

See details at http://www.qsl.net/xp1ab

Quitters never win - Winners never quit !!!
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE !!!