[WriteLog] NOCWABBREV needed - Don't send number 050 asT50....

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] NOCWABBREV needed - Don't send number 050 asT50....
From: gbaron@home.com (Gil Baron)
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2001 23:38:23 -0600
--=====================_212271340==_.ALT

At 13:28 11/4/2001, Dick Dievendorff wrote:
>I was frequently called for repeats of the number I sent in the SS exchange.
>
>I'd used %3 to send a three-digit number.  It's really confusing to send
>serial number 50 as "T50".  I'd like to either use all cut numbers (0 and
>nine), or no cut numbers, but it's too confusing (as evidenced by the
>number of times I had to resend my number) to have some zeros sent as "t"
>and others sent as "0".

I agree this is confusing and plain wrong. It WILL cause the other end to
fall apart form time to time.
The Tim saved is CERTAIN to be lost in one of these. The only thing worse
that is the stupid operator that comes back to me at 45 WPM when I send at
25. It often will cost time. I send at 25 because I much more reliably copy
numbers at that speed.

>For SS, I guess I can change %3 to % and avoid the leading digit.  But for
>WPX, I believe the rules want a three-digit number sent for the first 99
>QSOs, and I'd prefer to send a full zero.  Is that something I can change
>with an undocumented INI file setting?
>
>I looked for "cut" in Help, but didn't find it indexed or in a search. I
>also looked through help for anything that describes how numbers are sent.
>
>I seek something like the CT NOCWABBREV command.
>
>Dick, K6KR

Gil Baron http://members.home.com/gbaron
W0MN 44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'
"Baila como nadie te ve"

--=====================_212271340==_.ALT

At 13:28 11/4/2001, Dick Dievendorff wrote:<br>
frequently called for repeats of the number I sent in the SS
exchange.</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
It's really confusing to send serial number 50 as &quot;T50&quot;.&nbsp;
I'd like to either use all cut numbers (0 and nine), or no cut numbers,
but it's too confusing (as evidenced by the number of times I had to
resend my number) to have some zeros sent as &quot;t&quot; and others
I agree this is confusing and plain wrong. It WILL cause the other end to
fall apart form time to time.<br>
The Tim saved is CERTAIN to be lost in one of these. The only thing worse
that is the stupid operator that comes back to me at 45 WPM when I send
at 25. It often will cost time. I send at 25 because I much more reliably
copy numbers at that speed.<br><br>
the leading digit.&nbsp; But for WPX, I believe the rules want a
three-digit number sent for the first 99 QSOs, and I'd prefer to send a
full zero.&nbsp; Is that something I can change with an undocumented INI
file setting?</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
didn't find it indexed or in a search. I also looked through help for
anything that describes how numbers are sent.</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
command.</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;<br>