[WriteLog] Sweepstakes CW Review

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Sweepstakes CW Review
From: gbaron@home.com (Gil Baron)
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 18:42:12 -0600
--=====================_280898510==_.ALT

I was lucky and had this pointed out before the contest. You CAN fix this
by changing the property of the CK field in the exchange. Contest/Exchange
Format Setup  Change CK field to TAB ONLY, DONE.

Go to At 10:37 11/5/2001, Richard Zalewski wrote:
>It may be me but here is one observation that drove me nuts during SS CW.
>
>I am running and calling CQ.  A station calls me.  I enter the call in the
>call window.  Then I am supposed to use the space bar to navigate the
>exchange.  So I space bar to the number field.  Enter the number.  Space bar
>to Precedent.  Enter it.  Space bar to Check.  Enter it.  Space bar to
>Section.  WRONG!!!  If you do you wind up in the Call window with an Unknown
>Mult error.  So then you want to get back on track and get to section again.
>So FOUR!!! space bars later you are in Section.
>
>This is not good.  Maybe ok when you are fresh in the contest but later on
>it just doesn't cut it.  So what are you supposed to do?  Use combinations
>of the space bar and tab?  Not good!  The space bar should cycle you through
>the exchange and cycle completely and the same everytime.
>
>Make sense?
>
>I hope so.
>
>73 Dick W7ZR
>
>Vacation or Retire Here
>It's Paradise on the Beach
>www.w7zr.com

Gil Baron http://members.home.com/gbaron
W0MN 44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'
"Baila como nadie te ve"

--=====================_280898510==_.ALT

I was lucky and had this pointed out before the contest. You CAN fix this
by changing the property of the CK field in the exchange.
Contest/Exchange Format Setup&nbsp; Change CK field to TAB ONLY,
DONE.<br><br>
Go to At 10:37 11/5/2001, Richard Zalewski wrote:<br>
observation that drove me nuts during SS CW.<br><br>
I am running and calling CQ.&nbsp; A station calls me.&nbsp; I enter the
call in the<br>
call window.&nbsp; Then I am supposed to use the space bar to navigate
the<br>
exchange.&nbsp; So I space bar to the number field.&nbsp; Enter the
number.&nbsp; Space bar<br>
to Precedent.&nbsp; Enter it.&nbsp; Space bar to Check.&nbsp; Enter
it.&nbsp; Space bar to<br>
Section.&nbsp; WRONG!!!&nbsp; If you do you wind up in the Call window
with an Unknown<br>
Mult error.&nbsp; So then you want to get back on track and get to
section again.<br>
So FOUR!!! space bars later you are in Section.<br><br>
This is not good.&nbsp; Maybe ok when you are fresh in the contest but
later on<br>
it just doesn't cut it.&nbsp; So what are you supposed to do?&nbsp; Use
combinations<br>
of the space bar and tab?&nbsp; Not good!&nbsp; The space bar should
cycle you through<br>
the exchange and cycle completely and the same everytime.<br><br>
Make sense?<br><br>
I hope so.<br><br>
73 Dick W7ZR<br><br>
Vacation or Retire Here<br>