[WriteLog] wae buffers from aa5au

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] wae buffers from aa5au
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 22:29:42 -0600
You can use F1 by activating CtCompatibleAccel=Yes in the
writelog.ini file.  Add this line:

CtCompatibleAccel=Yes

under [Configuration].  Refer to WriteLog help for more info.

You can actually make an F key whatever you want.  The examples
given in the AA5AU WriteLog website are just that - examples.

Personally, I don't use a QSO B4 message.  This topic has been
discussed at great lengths on the RTTY reflector and the consensus
(and my own personal point of view) is not to use a QSO B4 message.
By doing so, you may be costing yourself points.  If a station tries
to dupe you, it's much faster and safer to go ahead and work that
station to make double sure you are in his log.

In this day and age of electronic log checking, if you refuse to log a
station that says you are not in his log, you are essentially killing the
contact you logged earlier.

You are also wasting time.  It's much faster to work the station and go
to the next, than to sit and discuss it - especially on RTTY!

F8 is a special buffer that I use to confirm contact with one station
and go right into the exchange to another station that was calling at
the same time as the first station.

Example - CN8KD and DJ7AA call me at the same time.  I work CN8KD
and as soon as I get his exchange, I log the contact, input DJ7AA in the
Entry Window and hit F8.  WF1B has a symbol for the last callsign worked,
but as far as I know, WriteLog does not.  So:

QSL TU NOW %C 599-%3-%3 %C DE AA5AU BK%E

is the next best thing.  Inputting the 2nd callsign can be done manually, or
by clicking on it in the RTTYrite screen (if it's still on the screen or
scrolling
back to it) or from the Call Queue.  This buffer is only used when CQ'ing of
course.

Hope this helps.

73, Don AA5AU
www.geocities.com/writelog/