[WriteLog] Off real time.

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Off real time.
From: gbaron@home.com (Gil Baron)
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 06:01:50 -0600
--=====================_240592814==_.ALT

At 22:39 11/11/2001, Marty Tippin wrote:
>Enter all your contacts, don't worry about time. Then edit the first and
>last one to be the "correct" time.
>
>Select all contacts between first and last (click on first, scroll to
>bottom, shift+click on last)
>
>Go to Edit | Interpolate Times...

I think he wants to do it as he goes. That could be a REAL BIG JOB if you
had hundreds of contacts.
One way is to modify your exchange and add a USER TIME field that you fill
in. You will have 2 t imes now. After the contest you can do a mass edit to
remove the ones you don't want.

>You might need to break this up into several "sets" of contacts if you had
>breaks in your contesting time. Just enter contacts during the period,
>enter correct time for first and last during the period, then select those
>contacts and do the Interpolate trick.
>
>73,
>
>-Marty NW0L
>  martyt@pobox.com
>

>At 08:06 PM 11/11/2001 , you wrote:
>>Hello WL.
>>Just downloded WL and am now retrospectively putting my hand made log for
>>the Oceania Contest into WL.
>>already looking better than the original, hi!
>>Question:
>>I there an efficient way of entering contact times line by line by hand,
>>rather than slaved to real time?
>>Have looked in the archives but not located anything on this.
>>cheers
>>

>>end
>>Barry Kirkwood PhD ZL1DD
>>Signal Hill Homestay
>>66 Cory Road
>>Palm Beach
>>Waiheke Island 1240
>>NEW ZEALAND
>>www.waiheke.co.nz/signal.htm

Gil Baron http://members.home.com/gbaron
W0MN 44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'
"Baila como nadie te ve"

--=====================_240592814==_.ALT

At 22:39 11/11/2001, Marty Tippin wrote:<br>
worry about time. Then edit the first and last one to be the
&quot;correct&quot; time.<br><br>
Select all contacts between first and last (click on first, scroll to
bottom, shift+click on last)<br><br>
I think he wants to do it as he goes. That could be a REAL BIG JOB if you
had hundreds of contacts.<br>
One way is to modify your exchange and add a USER TIME field that you
fill in. You will have 2 t imes now. After the contest you can do a mass
edit to remove the ones you don't want.<br><br>
into several &quot;sets&quot; of contacts if you had breaks in your
contesting time. Just enter contacts during the period, enter correct
time for first and last during the period, then select those contacts and
do the Interpolate trick.<br><br>
73,<br><br>
-Marty NW0L<br>
&nbsp;martyt@pobox.com<br><br>
At 08:06 PM 11/11/2001 , you wrote:<br>
Just downloded WL and am now retrospectively putting my hand made log
for<br>
the Oceania Contest into WL.<br>
already looking better than the original, hi!<br>
Question:<br>
I there an efficient way of entering contact times line by line by
hand,<br>
rather than slaved to real time?<br>
Have looked in the archives but not located anything on this.<br>
cheers<br><br>
end<br>
Barry Kirkwood PhD ZL1DD<br>
Signal Hill Homestay<br>