[WriteLog] More 3 sound cards

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] More 3 sound cards
From: jpixton@shentel.net (Jerry Pixton)
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 12:01:10 +0000
Final results.

I confirmed that Writelog seems to only be able to control mute, select and
volume on the card at index [0] in spite of what SoundBoardIndex=x you put
in the [Configuration] section of writelog.ini. That seems to be a BUG, not
a feature.

No amount of tricks would get my Sound Blaster 16PCI installed at index [0]
and the Sound Blaster PCI128 at index [1]. Changing slots and/or order of
install the PCI128 always ended up at index [0]

So if you can't beat them, join them. I bought another Sound Blaster 16PCI
yesterday. After several attempts, what worked was to let BOTH cards be
detected and the drivers loaded. Some where in the uninstalling I wiped the
driver for the SoundMax also. But by using the "update driver" option I was
able to get its mixer back.

So last night I was working RTTY on card 0, decoding AO40 telemetry on card
1 and just to show off playing a CD using card 2. BTW with a correct
install the Sound Blaster cards came up labeled: "Creative SB AudioPCI" and
"Creative SB AudioPCI (2)".

Jerry, W6IHG

Dr. Jerry R. Pixton, PIXOS Designs LLC
jpixton@shentel.net