[WriteLog] PK232

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] PK232
From: wbarby@telus.net (Wilf Barby)
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 12:54:14 -0800
Gil Baron wrote in reply to Jim Smith's query about the PK232.

>MMTTY does a better job than the PK232, upgraded or not, so I would not
waste the money.<

I have the PK232MBX, updated with DSP from Timewave which
seems to copy perfectly many times when MMTTY is garbled. I
will readily agree that MMTTY works very well...particularly in
the various modes for flutter and fading.

I'm afraid I don't understand why I have never been successful with
RITTY...It has never copied better or as good as the original unmod
PK232. I must admit I used version 2.38, I tried Version 3.? but
found the same poor results.

No flames intended, just supporting the good 'ole PK232.
Have fun! 73,

Wilf VE7QO

wbarby@telus.net

Note: All  incoming/outgoing messages are scanned by Norton 2002 AV.