[WriteLog] Adding a third and forth com port?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Adding a third and forth com port?
From: RCARIELLO@si.rr.com (RCARIELLO)
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 22:42:46 -0000
Hello to All.
My computer has two com ports on the mother board. I need to add two more. I
have tried the plug in boards that I use with my 486 DOS machine. Windows 98
seems to recognize the extra com ports but I can not get them to function
with Writelog, Win4dx or CT even when running the computer as a straight DOS
machine.

The computer is a P-II 400. Dose anyone know of a unit that will work. I
would like to be able to use the extra com ports under both a Windows 98 and
DOS but if this is not possible then a solid unit to be used only with
Windows 98.

I prefer a com port board to plug into the computer mother board rather then
a USB conversion.

As a side note the plan is to run two radios, auto beam direction and a
DX-Cluster connection.

Thanks, Rich AA2MF