[WriteLog] RigBlaster - WriteLog

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] RigBlaster - WriteLog
From: IDarack@prodigy.net (IRWIN C DARACK)
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 07:03:48 -0500
I am having difficulty configuring a Rigblaster Plus to work with Writelog
and my Icom 746 Radio. Rigblaster handshakes with computer and does key the
rig. I get only a carrier on RTTY and nothing on LSB. Soundblaster cards
works fine with other programs and Writelog without the rigblaster. In MTTY
(version 1.6?) I can get a RTTY signal in SSB, not RTTY. Microphone jumpers
are set as per their Icom recommendations and Mic works fine.  Diagnostic
lights inside the Rigblaster appear to be working as in the manual.

1) I am looking for a recommendation on the Serial Key Jumpers (P5).  I have
tried both the Default jumper settings and the PTT on DTR/TXD on Key. I have
spoken with Steve Ford following his article in QST and tried his jumper
settings. His radio was a Icom 706?

2) I see no difference between Vox and Auto modes in the Rigblaster?

Any help would be appreciated.

Happy T-Day. Irwin KD3TB