[WriteLog] Slash 0 Font

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Slash 0 Font
From: gbaron@charter.net (Gil Baron)
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 13:49:04 -0600
--=====================_180200074==_.ALT

At 13:40 11/23/2001, k2qmf@juno.com wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I downloaded the Slash 0 Font file (HAM).  I put it in the WL program
>directory
>and in the Windows "Font" directory.  I changed the WL INI, entry section
>to:
>FaceName=HAM.   I still donot get the slash 0 font.  What dumb thing am I
>doing
>wrong???

Nothing, Writelog does not handle fonts correctly. There are many fonts I
have that do not show up in the selection. It allows HAM on the log window
but not  entry in one machine and in neither place on the other.

You should put the fonts in your fonts directory though, not in the program
directory.

HAM does show up in my fonts directory and double click does give the
example of it so windows knows it is there. I hope that this gets fixed as
I agree, it is all but impossible to tell a ZERO form an O, and that is BAD
news.

>Thanks in advance for the help...
>
>73,  Ted  K2QMF
>
>On Thu, 22 Nov 2001 17:47:42 -0500 "Richard B. Drake" <rich@w3zj.com>
>writes:
> > Also, an excellent set of slashed zero fonts here:
> >
> > http://www.qsl.net/wa6axe/fonts.html

Gil Baron http://webpages.charter.net/gbaron
W0MN 44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'
"Baila como nadie te ve"

--=====================_180200074==_.ALT

At 13:40 11/23/2001, k2qmf@juno.com wrote:<br>
I downloaded the Slash 0 Font file (HAM).&nbsp; I put it in the WL
program<br>
directory<br>
and in the Windows &quot;Font&quot; directory.&nbsp; I changed the WL
INI, entry section<br>
to:<br>
FaceName=HAM.&nbsp;&nbsp; I still donot get the slash 0 font.&nbsp; What
dumb thing am I<br>
doing<br>
wrong???<br>
Nothing, Writelog does not handle fonts correctly. There are many fonts I
have that do not show up in the selection. It allows HAM on the log
window but not&nbsp; entry in one machine and in neither place on the
other.<br><br>
You should put the fonts in your fonts directory though, not in the
program directory.<br><br>
HAM does show up in my fonts directory and double click does give the
example of it so windows knows it is there. I hope that this gets fixed
as I agree, it is all but impossible to tell a ZERO form an O, and that
is BAD news.<br><br>
help...<br><br>
73,&nbsp; Ted&nbsp; K2QMF<br><br>
On Thu, 22 Nov 2001 17:47:42 -0500 &quot;Richard B. Drake&quot;
&lt;rich@w3zj.com&gt;<br>
writes:<br>
&gt; Also, an excellent set of slashed zero fonts here:<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt;
eudora="autourl">http://www.qsl.net/wa6axe/fonts.html</a><br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; &gt; -----Original Message-----<br>
&gt; &gt; From: writelog-admin@contesting.com<br>
&gt; &gt;
[<a href="mailto:writelog-admin@contesting.com";
eudora="autourl">mailto:writelog-admin@contesting.com</a>]On
Behalf Of Marc Wullaert<br>
&gt; &gt; Sent: Thursday, November 22, 2001 5:15 PM<br>
&gt; &gt; To: Allan Briscoe; Writelog<br>
&gt; &gt; Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Slash 0 Font<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt;
eudora="autourl">http://users.skynet.be/ON4AOI/dx4win.shtml</a><br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; there you can find k9yy slash fonts<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; 73<br>
&gt; &gt; marc on4ma<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; ----- Original Message -----<br>
&gt; &gt; From: &quot;Allan Briscoe&quot;
&lt;abriscoe@direct.ca&gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; To: &quot;Writelog&quot; &lt;Writelog@contesting.com&gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; Sent: Thursday, November 22, 2001 10:26 PM<br>
&gt; &gt; Subject: [WriteLog] Slash 0 Font<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Have been browsing the Writelog installed font options
hoping<br>
&gt; &gt; to find one<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; that has a &quot;slash zero&quot; to help distinguish
&quot;zero&quot; from &quot;O&quot; <br>
&gt; (oscar), for<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; both the entry window and the log window. The closest I
have<br>
&gt; &gt; been able to<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; come is with the &quot;fixedsys&quot; and
&quot;terminal&quot; fonts, which both <br>
&gt; have a<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &quot;sort-of&quot; slash-0, but not what I would call a
&quot;real&quot; slash-0.<br>
&gt; &gt; Has anyone<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; found a better way to do this, and if so, how ?<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Thanks in advance and Happy Thanksgiving to all our U.S.
&gt; friends...<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; ALLAN BRISCOE VE7XB<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;
&lt;<a href="http://www.members.tripod.com/~VE7XB/mypage.htm";
eudora="autourl">http://www.members.tripod.com/~VE7XB/mypage.htm</a>&gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; _______________________________________________<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; WriteLog mailing list<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; WriteLog@contesting.com<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>