[WriteLog] RIGblaster & WL .wav files

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] RIGblaster & WL .wav files
From: n7us@arrl.net (Jim McDonald)
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 22:03:41 -0700
I have my new RIGblaster Plus working fine with the MMTTY plug-in with WL
(using FSK and PTT on a serial port) and can even transmit PSK31, though I
haven't bothered to set the TX audio level.  It's nice for sound card
digital - very configurable as described in December QST.

What I haven't figured out how to do is to record .wav files using the rig's
microphone.  It's connected to the RIGblaster, which goes to the line-in
jack on the soundcard though the isolation circuitry.  Similar circuitry is
between the audio (speakers) out on the sound card and the microphone input
of the radio.

All I record with Windows Sound Recorder is receive audio.

You'll probably tell me that RIGblaster can't do the .wav files, but I hope
not.  No, I haven't called the RIGblaster guys yet, which I'll do if I have
to.

Thanks.

Jim N7US