[WriteLog] Creating new contest forms

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Creating new contest forms
From: mikekopacki@juno.com (Mike Kopacki)
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 18:21:18 -0500
I downloaded the contest wizard today, unzipped it and have the
readme.txt file in front of me.  My first reaction is that only someone
with Visual C++ and MS Developer experience will be able to create a new
contest form.

I work a number of different QRP contests, which of course is not
included in Writelog.  I would like to be able to create these as I need
them.  I would even offer them to Writelog to include in future versions.
 However, it does not appear to be an easy task for a neophyte
programmer.

Has anyone used VC++ to create a new contest form?  Can you offer some
advice?  Is there a better document than the readme.txt file?  I have
MSDV version 5 but have never used it and do not know what service pack
it is.  The website says it must be SP3 or higher.

Thanks,
Mike Kopacki, KF2EW
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.