AW: [WriteLog] W5XD keyer control

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: AW: [WriteLog] W5XD keyer control
From: clive@gw3njw.fsworld.co.uk (Clive Whelan)
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2001 00:34:14 -0000
Probably I guessed as much. It does seem to be an omission when
even the built in keyers in standard transceivers have this
facility.

To clarify, why I would like it. I learned electronic keyers
with a home brew W9TO back in about, erm..... well whenever the
Beach Boys recorded " God only knows" ! Therefore I have never
used, and see no advantage to iambic keying. However it is a
fact that the best paddles available are all dual lever, and my
old faithful single lever , chrome plated, Vibro paddle is
overdue for retirement. I appreciate dot memory in normal mode,
but find that I get extra dots when using a twin lever paddle
and the keyer is set to iambic mode. Thus I would like to
disable either of both of these.

Incidentally, an FOC visitor to my shack recently, couldn't
operate because I had only a single lever paddle, and he
couldn't use anything else but iambic mode. Well I may send
garbage in iambic mode, but at least if I QRS a little I can
handle it. I certainly wouldn't like to be in the opposite
position.

Let's hope we are not alone, and our voices will be heeded.

73

Clive

Carsten_Steinhöfel wrote:
> Unfortunately not.
>
> It's on my wishlist for the next Firmware Version... Anyone
> else
> or just us two?

GW3NJW
gw3njw@gw7x.org