[WriteLog] Entry window fonts

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Entry window fonts
From: epearson@prodigy.net (Eric Pearson)
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 20:11:16 -0000
> > > Shouldn't all Windows installed fonts be present?
> >
> > The Entry Window requires a monospaced (fixed pitch) font
> > so only monospaced fonts are shown as choices.
> >

> Ok, that answers it. Does anyone have a link to such a font with a slash
> zero. It thought that the HAM font was a monospaced, although TT, guess
not?

I suspect that some bit that tells Windows that the font is
monospaced isn't getting set in those modified fonts.  If I
install the original AndaleMono font (dotted zero) it shows
up as a choice.

There is a good website that discusses monospaced fonts for
programmers who also need to distinguish between oh's and
zero's.  It shows samples and has links for downloading:

http://orion.bsuvc.bsu.edu/prn/monofont/

I found the BSU Kermit font works well for the entry window.
It is bit-mapped not true-type, and comes in 3 fixed sizes.

73,
Eric - K6EP