[WriteLog] getting rig connected

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] getting rig connected
From: Dmattob@aol.com (Dmattob@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2001 14:20:18 EST
--part1_b8.1fbd7320.2943c1f2_boundary

       I am new to write log and want to get set up for the 10 meter contest.
I have
my sample log all set and going fine/ But I would like rig control and I
think all the
port information is needed and is confusing..I can't get set up for search
and pounce
or the band map or any packet clusters ( no tn controller).. I thing you need
writelog ini but where do you do that?    what are the exact things you need
on
that port page./ I use a yaesu ft 1000mp and there is a connection from radio
computer but obviously i do not rig control and this will be a problem in the
contest
in regard to the upper 3 areas...also thegreat circle settings for distance
have my
accurate latitude and longitude but the bearing and distance of stations are
all
wrong and just sometimes single numbers. the next page in the manual about
colors, i don't understand.
    How do I get the bandmap arrow to move to just the phone portion of 10
meters
as it is stuck on 28000 now.
                                                          don mattison
                               dmattob@aol.com

--part1_b8.1fbd7320.2943c1f2_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I am new to write log and want to get set up for
the 10 meter contest. I have
<BR>my sample log all set and going fine/ But I would like rig control and I
think all the
<BR>port information is needed and is confusing..I can't get set up for search
and pounce
<BR>or the band map or any packet clusters ( no tn controller).. I thing you
need
<BR>writelog ini but where do you do that? &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;what are the exact
things you need on
<BR>that port page./ I use a yaesu ft 1000mp and there is a connection from
radio to
<BR>computer but obviously i do not rig control and this will be a problem in
the contest
<BR>in regard to the upper 3 areas...also thegreat circle settings for distance
have my
<BR>accurate latitude and longitude but the bearing and distance of stations
are all
<BR>wrong and just sometimes single numbers. the next page in the manual about
<BR>colors, i don't understand.
<BR> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;How do I get the bandmap arrow to move to just the phone
portion of 10 meters
<BR>as it is stuck on 28000 now.
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;don
 mattison
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;dmattob@aol.com</FONT></HTML>

--part1_b8.1fbd7320.2943c1f2_boundary--