[WriteLog] Last Minute Panic

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Last Minute Panic
From: wd3q@erols.com (Eric Rosenberg)
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 01:54:24 -0500
--=====================_7979640==_.ALT

I've been off the air for a while and finally put the station togheter
for this week's contest.

I have a couple of last minute panics!

- I'm going to try and use the SSB voice keying for the first time.
I've noticed the relationships between keys like +  <enter> and
<insert> are the same as they are in the CW mode. Is this the way it's
supposed to be?  Any suggestions as to what I should be using the keyer
for (other than CQing) is appreciated.  This is a new use for me.

- I can't get the CW decoder to work. The SB is okay...it works fine
with Digipan and other s/w packages, but doesn't do anything with
WriteLog. It used to work when I've tried it in the past.  I read a
recent note that stated that the SBCtl program overrides the Windows
version. True?  Settings are appreciated.

- "Alt+rz" from the keyboard.is supposed to be the same as "Antenna to
this azimuth" from the "Radio" menu with the mouse.  This doesn't work.
Any other suggestions?

See you from DC!  Still 100w, but still here!

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC

--=====================_7979640==_.ALT

I've been off the air for a while and finally put the station togheter
for this week's contest. <br><br>
I have a couple of last minute panics! <br><br>
- I'm going to try and use the SSB voice keying for the first time. I've
noticed the relationships between keys like +&nbsp; &lt;enter&gt; and
&lt;insert&gt; are the same as they are in the CW mode. Is this the way
it's supposed to be?&nbsp; Any suggestions as to what I should be using
the keyer for (other than CQing) is appreciated.&nbsp; This is a new use
for me. <br><br>
- I can't get the CW decoder to work. The SB is okay...it works fine with
Digipan and other s/w packages, but doesn't do anything with WriteLog. It
used to work when I've tried it in the past.&nbsp; I read a recent note
that stated that the SBCtl program overrides the Windows version.
True?&nbsp; Settings are appreciated. <br><br>
- &quot;<b>Alt+rz</b>&quot; from the keyboard.is supposed to be the same
as &quot;Antenna to this azimuth&quot; from the &quot;Radio&quot; menu
with the mouse.&nbsp; This doesn't work. Any other suggestions?
See you from DC!&nbsp; Still 100w, but still here!<br><br>
Eric W3DQ<br>
Washington, DC <br><br>