[WriteLog] 10 test problems

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] 10 test problems
From: aa4nu@ix.netcom.com (Billy Cox)
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 21:07:32 -0600
Archie,

Just checked here ... all seems OK ...

> In setting up for the 10-meter contest, how do I go about
>getting entry field to show proper fields I need to send?

I just made up a test file (K4GA) to try ... and it's working fine
here as to scoring for USA and DX QSOs ... or seems to ...

>The DX stations send a serial number.
> Where does this go and how do I do it?

Serial number will go under QTH

>The radio field comes up "mhz phone" each time I open the
>10-meter log though I have changed it to CW and 28000
>mhz and saved several times.

Are you sure you have your rig setup OK ? While trying this, I
didn't have the rig on ... so the RED B showed up beside
the Qs until I turned the rig. (Cool feature was that I was
able to go back and correct the first Qs 'live')

>Lastly, I read and think I understand that the countries field has
>to be manually done after the contest. Is this true?

That's news to me ... I used WL last year for the ARRL 10m
contest and don't recall having to do anything than have it
generate the Cabrillo file and I submitted it with no problems
and my score <small as it was> showed up as submitted.

>I would really appreciate some help. It is my first logging program
>and I am not a computer whiz, just an old ham. Hi
> 73, Archie, K4GA

Welcome to WL ... hang in there we are ALL learning !

73 Billy AA4NU