[WriteLog] RE: WriteLog digest, Vol 1 #239 - 14 msgs

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] RE: WriteLog digest, Vol 1 #239 - 14 msgs
From: aa4nu@ix.netcom.com (Billy Cox)
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 23:58:47 -0600
Dick, I agree, that's why I suggested it be a 'line option' ... as
it may or may not have individual value to each WL user. It
might be something you use sometimes, or work away from
using over time ... or usage might vary with the contest ...

The more I use this software, the more ideas cross my mind.
Like remapping the LEFT/RIGHT arrows to take care of the
situation you mention below ... or make the SPACE bar toggle
ONLY between the CALL and EXCHANGE window ... or ....

73 Billy AA4NU

> > 9. Make the cursor MOVE over from CALLSIGN to the
> >     next field while WL is sending the EXCHANGE message.
> >     Do this and the "TR RUN" and "WL RUN" mode will be
> >     exactly the same. It's close now .... but ...  (Perhaps an
> >     WriteLog.INI line option, like the CT line option ?)
>
>I wouldn't want Writelog to do this. Sometimes when I'm running a pileup
>and can't dig out a complete call, I might enter a partial call and
initiate the
>exchange with INSERT (CT mode.) For example, I only hear AA4, so I type >in
"AA4", hit INSERT, and WL sends "AA4NU 599". You respond, >"AA4NU" or "AA4NU
599". In either case, I want the cursor in the call field >so I can enter
the rest of your call.