[WriteLog] I can't stand it anymore - Pro Writelog Comment

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] I can't stand it anymore - Pro Writelog Comment
From: rthorne@tcac.net (Richard Thorne)
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 07:45:56 -0600
I can't take it any more.

Writelog is a great program, has good support and continues to improve.
Did anyone see the posting from Ron about 10.29 being released which
address's several of the issues that have been discussed on this
reflector?

These guys have real jobs to make a living and write/distribute WL in
their spare time.

How many of you have purchased other programs (non-ham radio related)
and had compatibility problems with the video card or sound card ect
ect.  Hey its part of having a computer.

What I can't stand, and I mean can't stand is the following type of
post:

    ' I can't get  xxxx to work, it should, the author should have
thought of this before, he needs to fix it now'

    ' The documentation stinks I can't even print it out'

    ' This feature would be a piece of cake to code, where's Wayne?'

ect, ect, ect

This reflector is a support group and a very good one.  If you can't
find it in the manual or the archives ask your questions here, 9 times
out of 10 you'll get a decent answer.  The 1 out of 10 is probably a
hardware issue on your pc and no one here on the reflector will be able
to help you.

But please stop the posts about the author needs to this or that and it
needs to be like ct or tr or na or....  Hey I was a CT and NA user
before Writelog.  But everything is going to windows, dos is on its way
out if not all ready gone.  Writelog is doing a very good job and I
think a little support for Wayne and Ron would go a lot farther than
complaining that it doesn't do this or that.

If you have a problem ask your question here.  If you have an idea to
make the program better post it here.  But stop the complaining.  If you
don't like it use something else.  I for one am going to sign up for
another year of releases and continue to support the program.

THANKS to Wayne and Ron for writing and supporting a great program.

--
Richard Thorne - N5ZC
Amarillo, TX