[WriteLog] CW keying TS-2000

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] CW keying TS-2000
From: Carleton Reed" <carleton@lemoorenet.com (Carleton Reed)
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 01:08:41 -0800
Steve, I never seen anyone respond to you on this but I have the TS-570
which also has the DB-9 plug on the back of the rig. After reading the
manual real well, looks like that plug only allows us to transfer radio
settings to another compadible radio or to control the radio from the
computer, control such as doing everything we can do using the front panel.
I too was thinking like you in using the DB9 connection for CW keying, RTTY
and so forth. We still need to use the ACC 13 pin plug for that or the sound
card options through WL.  I have not yet interfaced my radio to the computer
but will do so real soon.