[WriteLog] Networking incompatibilities

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Networking incompatibilities
From: clive@gw3njw.fsworld.co.uk (Clive Whelan)
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2002 12:40:03 -0000
Hi

Further to my postings with the title "No NETW field in
Networking", which is strictly not accurate which is why I've
stared a new thread........

A *VERY BIG THANK YOU* to Don KF2XF, who gave me the big clue.

The problem was simply that two different releases of WL were in
use. I wouldn't have testified in court, but I was pretty sure
that both machines were on 10.29E, but on checking I found that
I hadn't updated one machine, and it was still on 10.28C ( was
it C  I have forgotten already!). So the bottom line is that the
error message of incompatible fields was not strictly correct,
and this is a function of attempting to network two dissimilar
versions of WL.

I confess I am surprised that this causes so much trouble, and
clearly a word in the documentation is required to prevent
others falling into the trap. This may not happen any time soon,
but no doubt Scot will pick up on it for his excellent site.

73

Clive
GW3NJW
gw3njw@gw7x.org