[WriteLog] BW for LSB rtty - rig settings

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] BW for LSB rtty - rig settings
From: Robert Wood" <rwood90@houston.rr.com (Robert Wood)
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 13:57:01 -0600
Jay,

Jay on my Yaesu set to LSB I run the IF shift around 9 oclock position
works with the 500 or 250 hz filter this way.   I put writelog laptop on
the 100mv output on the back via audio isolation
transformer.   The packet din plug has a fixed audio out
and it runs to MMTTY on a seperate laptop direct - no isolation
transformer.
Although ballpark, U can fine tune the IF shift by tuning in RTTY signal
and
then trying to match the
heights of the two peaks (turn slowly!).   Really shows up well on MMTTY
when you do that and when you change filter BW.

FYI:   On a TS-850 on IRI 250 hz filter I have to turn the low cut up to
12 oclock in LSB.

73 Robert W5AJ