[WriteLog] LPT Changes in 10.29 and 10.30

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] LPT Changes in 10.29 and 10.30
From: w1zt@mediaone.net (George Johnson)
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 09:19:23 -0500
Hi All,
Can anyone give me a summary technical description of what happened to
the LPT control lines with 10.29 and 10.30?  I am presently operating
"OK" with 10.28.  I need to know what logic changed and whether to
reconfigure my controls lines or not.

My present configuration:
CW is controlled by an NPN transistor with its emitter tied to pin 1 of
LPT.  The base resistor is tied to pin 17 of LPT.  This works fine and
was my old CT configuration.

PTT is controlled by an NPN transistor with its emitter tied to "ground"
via pin 18 of LPT.  The base resistor is tied to pin 16 of LPT.  This
works OK except for the lock up at machine boot that is cleared by
starting WL.

I need to know logically what was "done" or "undone" with the lines for
10.29 and 10.30.

TIA,  George .. W1ZT