[WriteLog] LPT Ports in WIN200 with DIRECTIO

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] LPT Ports in WIN200 with DIRECTIO
From: ve3pn@igs.net (PETER BARRON)
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 05:35:48 -0000
For those having problems with this setup here's some text format notes.

TO USE DIRECT IO with WIN2K

Look in Windows control panel
Select SYSTEM folder
Then look in hardware
Device Manager
Ports Comm&LPT
pick LPT port and note resources for each port (the I/O range e.g.
B000-B007)

Next PICK
DIRECTIO and set settings as below for example only change to match yours
Eg
Set I/O Ports to (for example change to match yours as above)
378-37F
A800-A807
B000-B007

Set MEMORY  to (for example only change to match yours as above)
378-37F
A800-A807
B000-B007

Then most importantly

Edit writelog.ini
to have , for example only change to match yours as above
[PORTS]
LPT1=0x378
LPT2=0xB000
LPT3=0xA800
LASTLY
rename
File in writelog programs
FPORT16.exe
to say FPORT16.old
This for some reason puts the default dos style LPT addresses in the
WRITELOG.INI even when they are wrong

On a similar topic
Do NOT use an LPT port with a shared interrupt for CW unless it's a real
screamer of a machine , my PIII/500 MHz can't handle it but its ok on the
normal type of LPT port. The CW on the shared port is gibberish.
At least with my setup any way.

Peter
Ve3pn@igs.net