[WriteLog] Switch to RTTY/SSB

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Switch to RTTY/SSB
From: ik2hkt" <ik2hkt@inwind.it (ik2hkt)
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 00:09:07 -0000
Hello!
I'm a new user of writelog software and I have a question about the switch
from RTTY to SSB mode.

I explane my situation:
Contest type ... DX spedition
Mode ............. mix
Setup:
Heil microphone in MIKE IN of the soundblaster
BF from radio to LINE IN of the soundblaster
BF to radio from LINE OUT of the sound blaster.
Radio control in COM1
TNC for cluster in COM2
FSK+PTT in COM3
CW + PTT in LPT1

With this setup all work very well .... rtty with MMTTY in great (FSK mode)
,  CW without problem and SSB (using msg.wav) without problem .... So, some
of you can ask .... what is you problem ?

My problem is under switching from RTTY mode to SSB ; infact when I switch
from RTTY to SSB (after send any kind of message in RTTY)  the INPUT MIKE of
the sounblaster is disabled and I need to open the soundblaster
configuration and enable MIKE IN ...... if I go in CW and turn to SSB there
is no problem but if I go on RTTY and turn again to SSB (after sending the
RTTY mode in TX)  I found MIKE disabled an nothing go on the air.

I read in the help file that switching in RTTY the input mike is automatic
disabled but I ask : there is a way to automatic enable the MIKE IN when I
return in SSB or CW ?

Thanks in advance for any help and see you in UBA SSB Contest and BARTG
Sprint RTTY this weekend ( I will try to made 2 contest at the same time
:))))) )

Sten
ik2hkt@qsl.net