[WriteLog] WriteLog10.30/LPT/W9XT Card ...

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WriteLog10.30/LPT/W9XT Card ...
From: w4atl@arrl.net (Sherman Banks (W4ATL))
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 06:59:53 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: writelog-admin@contesting.com [mailto:writelog-admin@contesting.com]On
Behalf Of Jon Suehiro
Sent: Saturday, January 26, 2002 6:38 AM
To: writelog@contesting.com

Just woke up and decided to play CQ 160 CW, updated to 10.30 the other day
but first time to play with.

As I have seen as "choppy cw" previously on this reflector, I am another
victim of CW keying problem.

When I operated CQ WW CW with 10.28, it was OK.   O/S is Win98SE, nothing
changed since then.

Am still using W9XT card just for CW keying as LPT2.   Voice is by sound
card and should be OK (was OK on SS Phone with 10.28).

Checked on K9JY site and repeatedly mentioned WL does not support W9XT on
LPT, is this same to my situation on 10.30 ?

FSK through serial port is working OK for RTTY.   Is it time to remove W9XT
card and built a keying circuit on COM port ?   Of course disabling virus
protection did not help at all.

If I can still use this card for CW keying with less effort than building
one transistor keying circuit, please advice.

Thanks.

Jon Suehiro, NN5T