[WriteLog] XE AND ME

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] XE AND ME
From: w7ti@dslextreme.com (Bill Turner)
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2002 04:03:37 -0800
On Sun, 3 Feb 2002 03:14:52 -0600, Jerry Ford wrote:

>I do have one question for the group however!!
>Several of the XE stations are using " MIC " as the
>identifier for their state.  The FMRE module does not
>recognize it and posts a question mark.

I noticed the same thing.  The module will accept "MC" in place of it,
but strictly speaking, that is not what the XE station sent.

If you go to the MexRtty.ini file in the Programs folder and change MC=0
to MIC=0 it will fix it.  Don't forget to go back and edit your log
manually afterwards.  For now, I'm going to use MC and change them all
later.

Also, I noticed when I installed WriteLog, it created two different
folders named Programs.  One is a sub-folder under WriteLog and another
is a folder in the same folder as WriteLog itself.  The latter is the
one you want to change.  I don't know why there are two - I'm also going
to try to figure that out after the contest.  The sub-folder doesn't
seem to do anything.  Both folders have the friend.ini file, which I
tried to edit unsuccessfully at first.  That's how I found the other
folder.

73, Bill W7TI