[WriteLog] Reusing old .wl files?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Reusing old .wl files?
From: jon@praxisworks.org (Jon Harder)
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 14:06:16 -0000
Bill, the previous year's contest file doesn't save the port setup.
Hardware configuration is saved separately and is contest independent.  I've
used the Alt-PrintScreen facility to paste and via Paint or Word print out
reminder copies of that as needed.

But, since the .WL files contain the buffers as custom programmed for each
contest, as well as the window positions,  I find them very useful.  For
instance, this year in setting up a new file, 02WPX.WL after selecting WPX
in the Contest selection dialog,  I then went to Setup > CW/RTTY/SSB
Messages and using the Browse button, started from last year's file
(01WPX.WL)  to retrieve the buffers and then tweak them as needed for better
exchange flow.

Doing this doesn't involve deleting contests or messing up the old file as a
readable record.

73,     Jon     K1US