[WriteLog] A couple of queries after WPX

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] A couple of queries after WPX
From: sp7ps@bonus.com.pl (Pawel, SP7PS)
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 22:51:12 -0000
Hello Phil,
Nice to see you in WriteLog Gang :-)

> Number one is that if I click on QWE it won't "see" it as 123 for a serial
> number. Is this the way it works, or is there something I need to do? When
> tried it, it simply moved the cursor point to the next field.

You should press SHIFT key and click on this QWE or OYR. In this case WL
logs the correct number.

> Number two concerns the "check call" window, which I had hoped was going
> be very useful, but I found that it didn't "check" anything until the QSO
> was logged. Again, is this correct? Or is it just that way for WPX?

Phil, it works. When you put new callsign you see in CHECK CALL window
"OK" - it informs you, that this country (prefix in WPX was worked). If it
is new prefix it do not show "OK", just only bands. WriteLog does not show
all callsign you worked for this country (multiplier), but if you see "OK"
you know it has been worked. If you put callsgn of the station you worked
other band you see your QSO number, his callsign and received serial number.

I hope it helps.

Best 73's
Pawel, SP7PS
SN7N in contest