[WriteLog] Pay for XP twice...

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Pay for XP twice...
From: gbaron@charter.net (GilBaronW0MN)
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 17:58:37 -0600
You just got hit by the nasty Windows Product Activation. I thought all knew
this by now. It is a requirement from now on for ALL XP software INCLUDING
OFFICE that EVERYONE pay for EVERY copy of the S although you can install
office on both your desktop and laptop.

There is no good crack yet so there you go.

What it does is create a hash based on your hardware (serial numbers
included so similar models don't help) and then you must call and get the
key encrypted by that. There is no choice and no solution.
If you change more than 6 [pieces of hardware then you must do it again WPA.

Look on the web for the talk about this onerous thing!

It sucks for home users. We are paying for the real pirates. I am sorry you
did not know ahead of time.

That is the reason I stick with Windows 2000.