[WriteLog] RTTY WPX RESULTS - K3GP SOABHP

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] RTTY WPX RESULTS - K3GP SOABHP
From: k3gp@arrl.net (George Proudfoot K3GP)
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 04:17:54 -0000
The best laid plans often go astray. My plans for this contest were to work
all 30 hours, exceed 1,000 Qs and break the million mark.

All was on target until my out-of town daughter, her husband, and my two
grandkids decided this was a good weekend to visit. So Thirty hours was
reduced to just under 26 hours (and those hours were not all optimal, I
enjoyed time with my granddaughters then), I barely missed making the
thousand Q goal.... but I did manage to break the million mark for the first
time ever! C'est la vie...

Friday night and Saturday night propagation here was average at best -
Sunday morning on ten was MUCH improved, as was the rest of the final day.
It was a pleasure to run into a high percentage of skilled RTTY ops, along
with plenty of eager newcomers. Lots of unusual prefixes popped up for this
one, along with being called by some neat DX "surprises" [BV2WM, CN8KD,
ER6A, V73UG and A45WD come to mind].

Above all, this contest is FUN.....

                QSO      PTS     PFX
80m:             50      126      10
40m:            137      432      64
20m:            215      446     100
15m:            194      481      81
10m:            374     1028     163
Totals: 970     2513     418

Total claimed score:  1,050,434 [At least until the UBN Robot has its way
with me]

Club Affiliation: North Coast Contesters

333-3333
George K3GP
CU In Dayton [Flea Market Space 2269 near Mendelson's tent]