[WriteLog] Wave files messages and Icom radio

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Wave files messages and Icom radio
From: VinceK6BIR@aol.com (VinceK6BIR@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 19:18:09 EST
Is there any one who is using the Writelog wave files messages with an Icom
radio? If so I would like to know how you set it up for the PTT and the
messages, can this be done without using one of the keyer cards, or outboard
keyers? it looks to me that it can be done by other means of of hookup, such
as a relay, just not sure what it takes though. Also I am not able to get
Writelog to key the rig using the serial port for messages, is using the LPT
port the only way? I though that there is a way to use the serial port, but
it is not working this way for me.

This is one of the last things to do to get Writelog to do all ot the things
that is able, have been working for some time to get to this point.

Tnx for any help.

Vince, K6BIR