[WriteLog] .wav file location?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] .wav file location?
From: ad6id@arrl.net (Tony)
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 15:36:11 -0800
Hi all,
   I used the Win98 sound recorder to create a .wav file, saving it in:
d:\writelog\cqdx.wav. Then I opened Setup->CW/RTTY/SSB Memory Setup, selected
the SSB buttom, and tried to use Browse... to find my cqdx.wav file. But the
dialog
would only allow *.wl and *.cnt files to be opened.
   So I manually entered the full file spec name in the box:
<d:\writelog\cqdx.wav>. When I attempted to use F2 (in this case), Writelog
first put the rig in transmit mode and then threw up a error: "Unable to open
d:\writelog\wavefiles\ad6id\cqdx.wav"
   Two problems: 1) The wave files are expected to be used by several ops
during a contest and should NOT be restricted to the current operators place.
2) Writelog should not dictate where to put the files, or it's dialog should
lead you to the "proper" place - it did neither.

   How do you folks set up to use .wav files? Where do you keep them? Does it
work for you?  I've been thru the K9JY web site and the Writelog web site a few
times, What did I miss?

Thanks for any tips.

73, Tony