[WriteLog] WriteLog Questions

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WriteLog Questions
From: Zev.Darack@banklink.com (Darack, Zev)
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 12:09:58 -0500
Please read questions below:
73, Zev n2wks@arrl.net
-----Original Message-----

Hi Zev, Ron K5DJ is out of town for a while. His 94 year old mother is in
very bad health.  If you would post your questions to the WL reflector
someone will be happy to help you. Ron has several people to look at spots
when he is out of town..
Sorry I can't help you myself,
73, de Ron K5DJ
===========================

Hi Ron,
Just finished using writelog in another contest.  Have a few questions:
1.      The Manual mentions "File Merge" where do I find this function?
2.      What network protocols do I need to have installed to network with
windows XP?
3.      Are there any network settings necessary to run Telnet under XP or
98?  I have not been able to get this to work and it looks so easy so I
don't understand why.

Here are a few suggestions:
* Support the Icom CT-17 here is a suggested method that would not change
the GUI: if the .ini file is set to use the same com port twice only open
the com port once and control both radio's off the same com port using the
specified address based on the radio selected.
* Add a list of the icom CI-V addresses to the manual so people know what is
expected for each rig in your settings.
* Change the operator function to allow the user to select multiple log
entries and update the operator.  This way when you go to change operator's
and you hadn't set the initial operator you can update the previous QSO's in
one block.
* Support merging of logs from CT9 (To merge my logs from the ARRL DX SSB
contest I had convert the CT9 bin to CT8 then open it with WriteLog and
export it to ADIF and import it into my log.
* Allow renumbering of QSO's for contests that don't require a serial
number.
* Allow the operator and station number to be entered when importing or
merging files so that when you merge a M/M effort you can maintain who made
what contacts even if the information wasn't stored in the original log.
* Allow the user to change the CW messages while transmitting CW in order to
maintain efficiency during a contest when you decide you don't like your
settings.
* Support importing of additional formats.

Thanks for a great app!
73,
Zev Darack N2WKS / V26S