[WriteLog] IT WORKS!!![WriteLog]Anyone using WinVNC or PC Anywhere with

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] IT WORKS!!![WriteLog]Anyone using WinVNC or PC Anywhere with WriteLog?
From: flgrossman@earthlink.net (Frank Grossman (WB2BXO))
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 13:12:17 -0500
Hi Don, et. al...

All this is very interesting. As commented elsewhere, Internet remote is not
unique, but this is a different approach. Check out www.lamonica.com for
another way to do it.

You're observation about needing a high speed line seems right on.  I've
tried remote on Keith Lamonica's site using my 56K phone line and found it
clumsy.  Asked him about tying DX4WIN or Writelog to it and he didn't seem
to think it was doable.

Another thought;  remote Writelog or DX4WIN might work best with PSK31
because PSK is mainly single frequency operation on each band, i.e. .070 or
there abouts, and is supposed to be quite effective with low power and omni
antennas.

Comments?

Frank