AW: [WriteLog] Contest modules

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: AW: [WriteLog] Contest modules
From: carsten.steinhoefel@web.de (Carsten Steinhöfel)
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 22:40:13 -0000
Hi Clive,

see answers inline. I hope they are of any help. If not, feel free
to ask further, although I have some problems with the wizard
myself still.

vy 73 Carsten DL1EFD

you have to change the dialog to allow input of whatever is
required. You also have to insert variables to store the data.
You don't need to input your own country, it can be derived from
your callsign (I would have to look up how).

> 2. Possibly as a function of 1 above, the module allows me to
> work my own call area and credits with a multiplier. This is not
> allowed by the rules of course. How should this rule be
> addressed?

I did not look at the rules, so I don't know what is allowed.
Multiplier and Points processing is done in the QsoAdd/QsoRem
methods.

> 3. The module needs to be checked, by an ex Commonwealth
> station, to check that they are allowed only to work
> Commonwealth stations. However if I alter my callsign in
> writelog.ini to (say) DX1DX I simply am asked to enter my
> registration code afresh, which obviously will not work. Can
> this be addressed, or do I need to get an ex Commonwealth beta
> tester?

Leave "Call=GW3NJW" as it is in writelog.ini and add an entry under
"[Multipliers]" saying "CallPrefix=DX1DX". This will make scoring
base on the call specified there.