[WriteLog] BARTG and TIME

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] BARTG and TIME
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 16:11:21 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
To: "Writelog" <writelog@contesting.com>
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2002 12:46 PM

> I do not see how a "fix" can be produced properly for this error, as there
> is no way of telling what time the actual QSO was logged now.
> However, the only thing I can suggest is to "manipulate" the Cabrillo file
> to include the logged time as the sent time.
>
> 73 to all de Phil GU0SUP

Phil, the data is all in WriteLog - Time sent, time received, and time
logged.  It just doesn't get put into the Cabrillo file.  Thus Wayne could
update WL such that you would just open your contest file and then save as
Cabrillo and you would get the correct file.  The information is not lost -
it's still in your WL file, and you can see it in the log window, as I
recall.

I used Cabrillo Tools from WT4I to make the Cabrillo from my WL ASCII file,
and it went right through OK, and was confirmed.

Maybe Wayne and John are talking...?  I would just be patient and give them
some time.  I definitely wouldn't write some program to manipulate the log
and guess at a time or make it the same as someother time sent or received -
the proper info is already there.  Heck, if it's not against the Cabrillo
Tools copyright, I'd be glad to make a few Cabrillos for people, and I'm
sure others would too.  Guess I'll go read the copyright notice again...