[WriteLog] LPT 2 for CW

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] LPT 2 for CW
From: IDarack@prodigy.net (IRWIN C DARACK)
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 22:26:06 -0500
I recently installed an Byterunner combination Com and LPT PCI card (System
is Win 98SE). Writelog recognizes all of the Com Ports (1 to 4), but will
only recognize LPT 1. I am able to print from LPT 2. Following Byterunners
suggestion, I ran their dos software that told me that LPT 2 is 0xEFF0.
Following the advise of members on this reflector, I then went and changed
the setting for LPT 2 from 0x000 to 0xEFF0 in the Writelog.ini file located
in Windows System files. I confirm the changes are saved. When every I then
open Writelog, it appears to overwrite the *.ini file and revert the changes
back to the original 0x000. LPT 2 port is still not available and when I
reopen the *ini file the changes are reverted back to the default setting of
0x000. I have also changed the CWPORT setting to that recommended in the
Help files. I have also tried reinstalling Writelog.

I would appreciate any assistance here as I want to use LPT 2 as a CW keyer
port.

I am using the latest version of Writelog.

Thanks, Irwin KD3TB