[WriteLog] Dayton 2002

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Dayton 2002
From: dsinner@tfb.com (Dale Sinner)
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 10:50:03 -0800
                                        ATTENTION RTTYers

The Dayton Hamvention dates are getting real close and if you have not
secured a room yet, now is the time. Those dates are May 17, 18 and 19.
This year the gang will be staying at the Howard Johnson Inn on I-75 which
is about 8 miles from the airport and 10 from the arena. The room rate is
only $85 per night and comes with a continental breakfast each morning.
They have a nice lounge and meeting room where we will have our dinner
catered for the low price of $17. The hotel has 24 hour service to and from
the airport and will be providing a van for our use to go back and forth to
the arena. However, the Dayton Convention Bureau is also going to provide
bus service to the arena and will be stopping at our hotel. There may be a
small price for this service which has yet to be decided. So come join us
at the Howard Johnson Inn. Here some other detail which will take place
over this weekend.

Upon our arrival Thursday evening many of us will meet in the hotel lounge
for and eyeball and highball. This has been a tradition for many years and
always finds the room filled with RTTY gossip, lies, and some truths. It
will be a fun evening.

On Friday morning, it's off to the arena for a day of exciting shopping
both in the swap meet area and the halls of the convention center. Back at
the hotel in the evening we join again for our famous hospitality suite
where everyone meets again to discuss the happenings of the day.

Saturday morning it's back to the arena early for Frank Fallen, N2FF's,
9:30 AM RTTY forum. Many of you have already made some comments regarding
this forum on the thread here recently. So here's your chance to voice your
opinions in a collective setting. Don't miss this forum!!  Saturday night
will be our annual banquet. As far as we've been able to tell, this will be
our 25th year of having a banquet. It will be a special occasion not only
for this reason but also we will have Doug Faunt, N6TQS, as our speaker.
Doug will have a slide program of his travels to the various DX locations
he has visited in the last few months. There will also be contest winners
plaques presentations sometime during this evening. This will be a fun
filled evening again and hopefully you'll all come and enjoy the great food
and the camaraderie.

Sunday some of us will head home while others of us will be back to the
arena for one last look and to maybe make a last minute purchase.

There you have it. A great weekend with great friends. There is still time
to secure a room but time keeps marching on. Soon all room sales will be
closed, so don't hesitate another moment make that commitment today. To
secure your room, just go to the <www.rttyjournal.com> web page and click
on Dayton 2002, then simply follow the instructions. I'll see to it you get
a room and the rest will be fun for you.

See you there.
73
Dale Sinner, W6IWO