[WriteLog] Need help converting ADIF file to WL format

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Need help converting ADIF file to WL format
From: jeflanders@comcast.net (Jerry Flanders)
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 14:49:04 -0400
I had to use MMTTY to operate BARTG and now want to submit the log. One way
for me to do this is to read the MMTTY log into Wl and then let WL process
it. I logged "his time" as "name" in MMTTY and now don't see how to get
"his time" into the submitted log. Please read on for details:

I operated the spring BARTG portable from my camper with a laptop computer.
I had hoped to use WL, but at the last minute I discovered I was getting
"member not found" errors with the laptop WL installation. Switched to
MMTTY at the last minute and logged his time sent as his name in the MMTTY
log (seemed like the only way to get it done).

Now that I am home, I am trying to prepare the log to submit. I can export
it from MMTTY as an ADIF file, and can read this into WL  on my home
computer AOK. On WL, his time shows up as NAME in the ADIF file, but of
course WL does not automatically put that into the "his time" field . I
need to report "his time" as a part of the contest log QSO info.

Can I jigger the conversion to move the ADIF "name" field into WL's "his
time" field? Any ideas?

Jerry  W4UK

jeflanders@comcast.net