[WriteLog] DX spots problem

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] DX spots problem
From: Georgek5kg@aol.com (Georgek5kg@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 15:45:25 EDT
In a message dated 4/22/2002 5:13:30 PM Greenwich Standard Time,
k6iii@juno.com writes:

> I get connected via telnet to a site OK and can see spots and send spots
> in the Telnet window. Until recently, it all worked as advertised; i.e.
> got the spots to WL and to the band map. But, apparently something has
> changed...

Jerry,

It's Gremlins.  I too experience this, and I have been using WL and Telnet
for some time now.  I typically use WL with DX Telnet and occasionally I find
that I have to restart WL to make the spots work.  Don't ask me why!  At the
moment, I can't get WL to work with DX Telnet at all, and I am really
scratching my head over this.  Eventually I, or some kind sole on the
reflector will come up with the answer.  In the meantime, I will consider it
to be Gremlins!

73, George

George I. Wagner, K5KG
Productivity Resources LLC