[WriteLog] PTT drops out too soon

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] PTT drops out too soon
From: w7ti@dslextreme.com (Bill Turner)
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 06:25:21 -0700
On Wed, 24 Apr 2002 12:07:46 -0000, Randy Thompson, K5ZD wrote:

>Add these lines to your writelog.ini file in the RTTYRite section.
>
>PTT_END_HOLD=500
>PTT_BEGIN_HOLD=500

That fixed it!!

I did notice that the exact time added varies slightly.  I set it at
900ms and sometimes it stops right at the end of the macro and sometimes
it continues to transmit a carrier for a fraction of a second.  I can
live with that.

I'm using a new motherboard, an Elitegroup K7S5A, which was recommended
by the local computer store.  It does have two onboard com ports, and I
have ordered a card to add two more com ports.  When it gets here I'll
move WriteLog over to them and see if the delay is still necessary.
I'll post the results.

Thanks, Randy!!

73, Bill W7TI