[WriteLog] Writelog and mmtty

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Writelog and mmtty
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 17:38:51 -0500
> WA9ALS, John, has done quite a bit with dual MMTTY, but I'm not sure his
> setup is fully automated either.  I would be very interested to hear from
> anyone who has gotten beyond the one-at-a-time mode.
>
> 73,  Jon     K1US

Ditto!  Theoretically, you could automate this using Macro Express.  I've
never felt the need strongly enough or been organized enough to do it.  When
I do it manually, I usually make a few mistakes before I get it right,
although the whole process only takes a minute or 2 depending on the state
of my [biological] memory.  If you carefully documented the setup steps, it
would be easy to have Macro Express "record" those steps and then assign the
macro to the key or key sequence of your choice.

Then there's the "crow's feet" part that I have to do - When I setup the
second MMTTY copy and it's soundcard, at first it appears it doesn't work -
no tracing on the audio scope.  However, if I bring up the recording mixer
for that card, click on the balance slider, move it towards the wrong side
and then back to the correct side - Voila!  There's the audio and it all
works fine and continues to do so during contesting.  It all has to be done
only once, but it's a few steps.  You can't expect WriteLog -or- MMTTY to be
able to remember how to do a 2 soundcard setup, especially with so many
types of soundcards and crows feet.  73