[WriteLog] More on Soundcard Questions/No Continuous Recording

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] More on Soundcard Questions/No Continuous Recording
From: RPClifton@aol.com (RPClifton@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 07:34:08 EDT
Remaining Problems -

1.  Can't check the "Continuously Record Audio to file" check box.  Actually,
I can check it, but after pressing the OK button and coming back, I find it
unchecked again.  18GB free on hard drive.

2.  CW Decoder does not seem to be receiving audio.  The window comes up, but
nothing is displayed and there is no indication that audio is reaching the
decoder.

3.  Audio Snapshot WORKS and puts a .wav file in the /contest directory under
writelog.  I can play this file back with the Windows media player, but not
with the WriteLog Audio Review window, even if I use the directory button to
locate the file.

I'm using a SoundBlaster AWE64G soundcard and running Win98 on a P120.  My
main receiver audio enters the soundcard on the Line-In Left channel and my
sub-receiver audio enters on the Line-In Right channel of the soundcard.

I can successfully record both channels with the Windows Sound Recorder.
When WriteLog is active, it mutes the output on the Right Channel (I guess
because I'm running only one rig??), but nothing seems to be recorded on the
Left (except for the Audio Snapshot).

What directory is used to store .wav files that are recorded by WriteLog when
the continuous record feature is working?

Does anyone have any suggestions to resolve the other problems noted above?

Thanks.

73, Bob - W3YY